Also, sort of tying in with the last post, here’s another little treat.
So, the whole dang thing is amazing, it’s a wonderful album.
But the last song.
This was amazing. It hit me so hard when I first heard this shit, I can’t even fully describe the feeling. The way everything sounds, the mood, the fucking way it all goes down.
This is a great way to close an album.
When I saw this live, as the finale song, I was absolutely entranced by what I was witnessing. One of my idols, standing there in front of me, telling the crowd he was just like the rest of us, and that shit gets tough, but you drag on through it.
And the third verse is like a set of commandments, man.
- I have been unable to maintain any semblance of relationship on any level.
- I have been a bastard to the people who actively attempted to deliver me from peril.
- I have been acutely undeserving of the ear that listened up, and lip that kissed me on the temple.
- I have been accustomed to a stubborn disposition that admits it wish it’s history disassembled.
- I have been a hypocrite in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel.
- I have been a terrible communicator, prone to isolation over sympathy for devils.
- I have been my own worst enemy since the very genesis of rebels.
And when he did it live, he counted this stuff on his fingers, and held the mic above his head, and the light was on him. It was fucking unreal.